Ready to be a homeowner? Allow Marcia Goodman to help you buy your next home.
Buying a home is one of the largest investments you’ll ever make. Whether it’s your first home or your second home, Marcia Goodman with Samson Properties in Gainesville, Virginia has helped numerous buyers make that home buying decision. Marcia follows a process to identify the right home for you. She will prequalify you, walk you through the loan process, help you to understand the contingencies and ensure that you understand the home purchase agreement contract. Marcia Goodman will walk you through all aspects of the home buying process and ensure that the closing is timely and the funding is there.
Call Marcia today. She is ready and waiting to find your new home. Cell: 703-819-4776. Office: 703-378-8810. By email using the contact form.
Marcia Goodman’s process for helping clients to buy a new home.
- Works full time. This is not a hobby!
- A good realtor will educate you throughout the process.
- Listens to your needs and wants.
- Helps you find and choose the right home.
- Is knowledgeable about state and local requirements.
- Highly trained and seeks continuous education.
- Is an expert negotiator.
- Is technology-focused.
- Is supported by legal counsel.
- Know What Loan You are Qualified for
- Your Realtor should work closely with your mortgage lender to…
- Help you determine the best financing and type of loan you qualify for.
- Determine the price range you can afford and are comfortable with.
- Determine your monthly payment.
- Estimate your down payment and closing cost.
- Understand the Loan Process
- Know your own financial foundation.
- Know your credit scores.
- Determine your down payment amount.
- Get pre-qualified – it assures that you will be prepared to purchase when you find the right home.
- Make an offer after selecting the right home. You and your realtor will determine how much to offer, the terms of your offer, and when you would like the process to be completed, referred to as closing.
- Loan processing period – Once the offer has been agreed upon and accepted you will begin the loan process. This is where your lender will begin the underwriting of your loan.
- Contingencies – During the Loan Processing Period
- You will work closely with your realtor who will give you guidance on the various home inspections and the appraisal.
- These deadlines must be met to ensure a smooth and timely closing. Your Realtor will work closely with you on these timeframes!
- Prior to Closing, All the Contingencies of the Purchase Agreement Must be Met
- Your Realtor will serve as your guide. Typical contingencies you will find are:
- Approval of the Seller’s Property Disclosure Statement.
- Approval of the preliminary title report.
- Loan approval which includes the appraisal of the property.
- Pest inspections and other home inspections.
- Acquisition of homeowner’s insurance
- Closing and Funding
- Once your legal and financial processes are completed you are ready for your loan to “close”.
- Closing is the date you sign your final paperwork.
- Your Realtor will coordinate a time and date convenient for you, the seller, and escrow/title companies.
- Funding occurs when all the papers have been signed, conditions have been met, and sellers and other parties have been paid.
- The deed will then be recorded at the County Recorder’s office.
- Your will take ownership and get the keys to your new home!
- Your Realtor will be with you every step of the way!
Why Buy with Marcia?
Initial Consultation – planning and strategy, needs vs. wants
Access to a variety of reputable mortgage lenders and consultations
Looking for houses and immediate notification of new houses (even houses that are not yet on the market) Better Access/More Convenient
Scheduling and organizing home tours with checklists and objective views
Include all decision-makers in the buying process
Professional preparation of all documents, offers, agreements, and other paperwork
Expert negotiation skills in all aspects of the transaction, Certified Negotiation Expert
Access to professional vendors to refer to you “my preferred Vendors”
Following the Code of Ethics. Being a Realtor® ensures that consumers are treated professionally and ethically in all transaction-related matters.